Full Job Description
Overview: The Customer Service Representative provides a wide range of coordination and support services for all aircraft, flight crews, and passengers arriving at, or departing from, Aviation Technologies, Inc. Working individually as directed by the Director of Fixed Base Operations, they perform a variety of tasks to deliver world-class executive aircraft operations and administrative support services. Customer Service Representatives also provide prompt and courteous receptionist services to all visitors and callers to Aviation Technologies, Inc. and its affiliated companies.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Concierge Services
All passengers, flight crews, visitors, and callers to ATI are “guests” of the company. The Customer Service Representative helps to create an atmosphere of welcome and individual attention for all “guests” by:
- Coordinating and supporting aircraft arrivals and departures with dispatchers, customers, and the ATI Line Service Supervisor or senior line service technician on duty, under the direction of the Manager of Fixed Base Operations
- Arranging hotel rooms, rental cars, catering, entertainment, and other services for passengers, flight crews and others
- Driving flight crews, passengers, or others to/from a local destination
- All Customer Service Representatives are required to know all details of ATI’s discount programs and value- added services. Each Customer Service Representative is responsible for verifying that quantity discounts and value-added services have been offered to each flight crew, as appropriate for their aircraft and mission profile
- Administrative and Marketing Support Services
- Provide various receptionist and secretarial services, including, but not limited to: typing correspondence, processing incoming and outgoing shipments (mail, overnight, UPS), copying, etc.
- FBO accounts receivable: process FBO-related invoices at the time of purchase
- Data entry into various computerized and manual business systems as directed by management
- Processing reservations for on-demand and scheduled charter flights
- Contacting existing and potential FBO customers to promote ATI’s facility and services
- Filing and other record keeping as directed by management
- Add/update customer information in ATI customer database, including special customer service notes and events
- Produce reports as directed by the Manager of Fixed Base Operations (may include scheduled and unscheduled reports)
- Other Functions
Customer Service Representatives perform various scheduled and unscheduled duties in addition to those listed elsewhere in this document as assigned by management.
ATI operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Management typically assigns Customer Service Representatives to eight-hour shifts on consecutive weekdays (Monday through Friday). Customer Service Representatives are also scheduled to work on weekends and holidays. First shift begins at 6:00am and ends at 2:00pm. Second shift begins at 1:00pm and ends at 9:00pm. Management may vary starting and endings shift times to meet workload demands. Management may also request the customer service representative to work additional hours to cover for vacations, illness, special events, or during emergencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each “Essential Function” listed in the previous section in a manner that management deems satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The company may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Customer Service Representative functions.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Some customer service experience desired. Previous aviation experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge/Skills: Some knowledge of local area institutions, amenities, entertainment venues, major businesses, resources, and geography.
Language Ability: Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence and complete simple forms and reports. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and company employees. Able to read and successfully interpret documents including, but not limited to: safety rules, operating instructions, maintenance procedures, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively in front of small groups of customers or company employees.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common-sense understanding in order to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and/or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills to operate industry-specific software in a Microsoft Windows™ environment. Able to use point of sale terminal and internet credit card gateway to process cash, checks, and credit cards
Certificates & Licenses: Valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee will encounter while performing the Functions of a Customer Service Representative. The company may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Customer Service Representative functions.
Work occurs mainly indoors in the main reception area of ATI. The Customer Service Representative may occasionally be asked to perform tasks in the FBO aircraft hangar and outdoors on the ATI ramp area. There are no unusual environmental factors associated with this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet while performing the Functions of a Customer Service Representative. The company may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Customer Service Representative functions.
While performing the duties of a Customer Service Representative, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp, handle, probe and feel; and reach with hands and/or arms; The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. Customer Service Representatives are required to use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and must have the ability to adjust their focus.
- Create an atmosphere of welcome and comfort for all flight crews and passengers
- Maximize business revenue by actively promoting ATI’s discount programs and value added services to all flight crews
- Maximize personal productivity by proactively engaging in administrative and sales support tasks during periods of slower activity
The Manager of Fixed Base Operations may develop specific written objectives for each Customer Service Representative.
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
- Front desk
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance